Ayurveda is based in the elements of nature and the five senses. What we take in from our environment through the senses is important to our overall wellness. In this workshop we will explore the sense of smell and the use of aromatherapy as a way to bring balance, health and wellness to our daily life. In this workshop you will learn:
- A basic overview of the three doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- The 5 senses and how they relate to physical, mental and spiritual wellness
- The physiology and psychology of smell
- Aromatherapy for the doshas
- How to safely use essential oils
As part of this workshop you will sample many different scents and oils and leave with three small essential oil samples, one for balancing each dosha.
In preparation for this course we recommend taking the following online quiz to determine your dosha. Please complete both prikriti and vrikirti quizzes and print off your results.
Available upon request for small groups and corporate wellness events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.