Yoga on High's 300-hour Teacher Training Program is an advanced course specifically tailored to your particular interests. Combined with your 200-hour certification, it achieves RYT 500 (Registered Yoga Teacher) status. This path of study allows an experienced teacher to develop his or her knowledge and ability in all of the following areas:
- Asana practice with attention to alignment, rhythm, sequencing, and class structure.
- Class themes: yoga philosophy, subtle energy, music and kirtan.
- Anatomy: both gross and subtle anatomy including physical anatomy, bio-mechanics, and energetic anatomy.
- Meditation and Pranayama: Pranayama and various forms of meditation including iRest® yoga nidra.
- Teaching to special populations: imaginative and effective teaching methodologies and tactics for working with specialized populations of students or the general populace.
- Developing workshops and progressive classes: develop and grow a students practice and understanding of the 8-limbs of yoga.
- Methods to become an effective and dynamic yoga teacher.
- The business and ethics of yoga, marketing, and branding yourself as a yoga teacher.
Being a large center with a full roster of classes and workshops, we can offer you the opportunity to explore those dimensions of yoga that you find most compelling, exciting and relevant to your own practice and to your students. In other words, you have lots of choices. When you first enroll, you will meet with a mentor to develop a specialized plan that supports your goals as a yoga instructor, and you will continue to meet on a regular basis throughout the course of your studies. We work hard to make your experience in the 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training Program relevant to your passions and interests.
We have a number of focused paths through the program. You can concentrate you studies in the following ways:
- A program centered around a specific style of yoga: Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Hatha
- A therapeutically-oriented teacher training track
- Urban Zen/UZIT™
- Mini-certifications can be embedded in any track: prenatal yoga, trauma-sensitive yoga (EMBER™), Sekoia™, iRest® yoga nidra, the pranayama intensive and the meditation intensive.
We have some of the best teachers in the country associated with our program, and we pride ourselves on the range and depth of experience they represent. The principle instructors in the program are Yoga on High founders Marcia Miller and Linda Oshins, long-time teachers who are well respected within the central Ohio community and by their peers on a national level. We also have an impressive roster of nationally-known teachers who visit our studio each year. For example, in the coming year you will be able to study with Rodney Yee, Tim Miller, Swami Ramananda, Kino MacGregor, Leslie Kaminoff, Doug Keller, David Kiel, and Stephanie Lopez.
We believe in offering many opportunities to hear from various perspectives, giving you depth and breadth in your practice.
How Does It Work?
Every year we offer core, required workshops (five over the course of the training) and elective workshops specific to your course of study. You can choose from approximately 250 hours of programming yearly to sculpt your particular program. Your plan will include workshops and intensives, assisting master teachers in class, and individualized mentored projects of your choosing. This is a blueprint that can be changed at any time, but it focuses your training and sets clear goals for the year.
The study, practice, and teaching necessary to graduate are designed to take 2.5 years to complete. You may move through the program more quickly or take longer, but the pricing structure extends over thirty months. When choosing a 300-program for yourself, consider the advantages of a long-term commitment like this. It gives you the opportunity to practice and teach what your are learning, internalize and polish your skills over time, all the while remaining an engaged member of a vibrant community of your fellows. People in this program often remark on the benefits of being part of an ongoing, sharing group of talented teachers.
There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $150. At the time of enrollment, you may choose from one of the following payment plans:
- Paid in full: one payment of $5,529.
- Monthly installments: 30 payments of $192 totaling $5,760.
Tuition includes all eligible workshops, mentorship and assisting fees, and an unlimited class pass to Yoga on High for the length of the program.
Eligible teachers have already completed a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program (at Yoga on High or another equivalent program) and have taught at least 100 hours of classes. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about your readiness for this program.
Yoga on High has graduated some of the top Yoga Teachers in the community over the past 12 years. If you are considering teacher training, join lead teachers, meet some of our graduates, and discuss details of the program. You are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-291-4444 for information or to set up a personal meeting.
To register for an info session please call the front desk at 614.291.4444 or enroll online.