For more than eleven years, Yoga on High has held classes for hundreds of pregnant women who write us glowing notes of thanks. We offer prenatal teacher training based on our experience working with women during a time in their lives when their bodies and emotions are rapidly changing.
The course covers:
- The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and fetal development
- Stages of labor and birth
- Maintaining a healthy pelvic floor and the importance of good posture during pregnancy
- Yoga techniques that relieve the common discomforts associated with pregnancy and are helpful during labor
- Asanas and breathing techniques appropriate for pregnant women and how to modify them for different stages of pregnancy
- Comfortable postures for relaxing and sleeping during pregnancy
- Relaxation techniques for use during pregnancy and delivery
- Creative use of props to accommodate a pregnant body
- Sequencing varied classes using the elements covered in this course to accommodate your students’ needs
- Fostering open, supportive, non-judgmental discussions and a sense of community among students
- Teaching a workshop for prenatal partners
An extensive reference manual is included.
The course takes place over two three-day sessions with time in between to assist in prenatal classes. You must be registered as a 200 hour yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance or have had equivalent training to attend.
Dates: Weekend One Friday, September 18 from 1:00p to 8:30p; Saturday, September 19 from 10:00a to 5:00p Sunday, September 20 from 9:00a to 4:30p
Weekend Two Friday, October 30 from 1:00p to 8:30p; Saturday, October 31 from 10:00a to 5:00p Sunday, November 1 from 9:00a to 4:30p
Instructors: Jennifer Gebhart and Mary Sinclair